Does anybody know whether Sony FD Trinitron Monitors (in particular the
G420 and/or the G520) can be made to work with a PM 7300?

Yes I believe you can. You can use just about ANY standrad PC crt monitor on a Mac given then right connectors.

You will (probably) need to get a D15 to HD15 adaptor (available from most Apple Resellers or places like Jaycar.)

<http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PA0894&CATID=&keywords=monitor+adaptor&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=xxxxxxxxxx&Keyword2=xxxxxxxxxx&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=>

To be honest I have had some troubles with the above adaptor and recommend the one below which I have seen at Altronics :

<http://www.altronics.com.au/cat.asp?cat=9&grp=138&id=D1535>

They are also useful for running your Mac "headless" and fooling the machine in to the right resolution (useful when using Timbuktu or similar.)

Cheers, Antony

= = =
= Antony N. Lord = http://antonylord.com =
= [EMAIL PROTECTED] = Perth, Western Australia =
= = =