Hi All

Help!

I have a serious problem with Eudora that I havnt seen before. The
complete IN file has been corrupted. When I double click on an entry,
the text is either all over the place, and/or it is the text of a
completely different person. I actually cant find the email of a person
I might be looking for!! (The IN box is big..about 7000 emails...Im
not sure how to go about archiving them or starting another without
losing my previous emails.)

this seemed to come about as I was using 'search' in Eudora (5.2.1 in
OS 10.2.3 on a G4) to find a previous email about 3 months ago. The
spinning coloured wheel appeared and spun for about a minute with
nothing. When I went to the IN box, everything had changed!!?

Can someone please give me some help...Im not sure what to do, thats
why Im using Mail to send this message. Can I delete prefs or
something?

Quit Eudora.

See if there's an in.toc file somewhere, and move it somewhere else, then relaunch Eudora. This should cause it to reindex the mailbox.

If that fails, Quit Eudora, rename IN to In2. This will allow you to use a new inbox until you get the in2 box sorted out.

Eudora's mailboxes are just (big :) plain text files that can be opened in a text editor (ie BBEdit) if you need to recover anything.

Is there any backup IN box somewhere?

No.

Good luck,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer Join Team Sungroper, race the