Hi wamuggers,

Was talking to a WAMUG friend of mine who frowned when I mentioned having
signed up for blink. I guess I signed up before the bad posts (berate me
here Shay - I should've seen this coming! - Check the archives!)

But I suggested to my friend that I would post progress to WAMUG as a 'case
study' - well, here's my first take on iimet blink, an email sent this
morning (for those who think complaining after 1 day is anal - I know but at
what point does one stop - I remember doing this kind of runaround with
ISP's 6 or 7 years ago and the answer was always "the line"...so 3 months
later, when you discover it's not....
I had the iiinet 'tech support' on the phone telling me today, literally,
that "it's one of those things"....

Anyway..if it bores I apologise..

I signed up for this 2 weeks ago.....so I felt I wanted to pass on the ' on
the ground stuff"

cheers Stew:

I'll let y'all know how it goes unless I get the grand shut-up!

on 11/4/03 7:14 PM, iiNet Provisioning Team at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You may check the status of your application at any time via the following
> link
> https://toolbox.iinet.net.au/cgi-bin/bliinkstatus.cgi,
>
> username: lokides1
> password: 6kbke6l6c

Iinet support and accounts,

As a long term dial-up customer of yours I recently subscribed to your Blink
service. The hardware to connect to this service (DSL-504 router etc) was
delivered to my home on April 23rd, shortly after a bill informing me that I
was being charged for the service from April 20th.

It is now April 24th and having spent 2 or 3 hours on the phone yesterday
(of which perhaps 45 minutes was actually talking to a person) I do not have
a functioning broadband connection. Technical support were as helpful as it
seemed they could be with this issue. Ultimately, however, they were unable
to offer an explanation. I will be contacting Tech support again this
morning with a view to investigating the problem further. the details are:

- Mac OS 9/ DSL-504 router
- Modem synchs fine
- Communication between modem and machine appears to be fine
- email fine, but most web sites unviewable indicating an mtu problem
- downloaded IPNetTuner (which will incur an additional fee)
- Adjusted mtu rate to 1460, 1423, 1432 etc... with varying degrees of
success on differing pages but no consistent connection

Reading the page mtu.iinet.net.au reveals that this has been an ongoing
issue, with no clear solution, and acknowledges that your company is
"attempting to find a long-term fix for these problems".

I am extremely concerned that this issue was not discussed with myself at
the time of committing to your services. Your web page indicates that you
are fully aware of the exchanges that are affected - why was I not notified
that you were offering me a service that you did not know you could offer
consistently?

I will be contacting support this morning to further attempt to resolve this
issue, however, until such time as I have a functioning ADSL connection I am
withdrawing my authorization for you to debit my credit card for these
services.

Do NOT attempt to debit my credit card until this issue is resolved.

I shall be continuing to use my dial-up connection (with which I have been
happy) and will contact both Accounts and Support when I am receiving the
service you offered, and I am supposed to be paying for.

Regards,

Stewart Woods

--
Stewart Woods