Can anyone tell me what sort of file has a .pif extension.

Program Information File.. used by windows 3.1 & 3.11. It allows a DOS or Win3.x program to be launched with extra parameters... so (hypothetically) you could tell it to launch eudora but access the mail folder data in the folder "mymail" on the network drive "h:"

replaced in win85/98/me/2000/XP by the windows shortcut (alias) (which are .lNK) were you can type additional parameters in to the "properties:target"

no direct official mac equivalent that I'm aware of

Thanks

Ken

Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>

~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph#9380 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"... the pupil is never educated to the degree of consciousness, but only to the degree of trust and reverence, and a child is not made a man, but kept a child."
Henry David Thoreau

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO"
Hunter S Thompson(?)