--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Greg Colgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there Muggers,
> Got a query for you.....
>
> Prior to going over to broadband, I used to use my internal
> fax/modem to send faxes. I no longer have a modem account, and am
> accessing Telstra
> broadband through the Ethernet port - so no more faxes.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way that I can send faxes using
> broadband?
> Any nifty software that will enable me to do that?
>
> Cheers and thanks in advance for any responses.
> Greg

Hi Greg,

You can still send faxes using the method which you used before.

I think this has been covered before, but this is how you do it.

>From the socket on the wall, you need a normal telephone
splitter/double adapter. You connect one port, via a phone cable, to
your ADSL modem. You then plug an ADSL filter into the other port,
and then the phone cable from your modem, into the filter. I hope
that makes sense.

If a filter did not come with your modem, they can be picked up at
your local Dick Smith/Tandy for about $20.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me
directly if you wish.

Regards

Trevor Lee
Highway 1 Internet Solutions