Hi guys,

Well, it happened again! I sat down after exhausting all efforts to get my new hardrive to mount and even to get the computer to boot up properly while the new hardrive was attached to the SCSI eccelerator board. All of a sudden an idea popped into my mind to boot it up without the new hardrive attached and then while it was running to plug it in! I know, I was a bit scared to do it too, but it worked. After plugging it in I rescanned the buses and sure enough there it appeared and I was able to format, initialise, and partition it without a problem! Hallelujah!

Cheers guys,

Cal Conkey

Hi guys,

I got the hardrive situation worked out for one of my editing suits!
Yeh! It was a corrupted driver on the hardrive keeping it from
mounting. :)

However, I still am having a problem with my new Seagate Cheetah
10,000 rpm internal hardrive. It also will not mount, but worse than
that when I have it hocked up to my Jackhammer SCSI accelerator board
the computer itself will not boot up the system software. When I
start up the computer, a PowerMac 7600 with a G3 accelerator card
running OS9.1, the screen turns on and has the normal light blue
background, but I never see the smiling Mac face. It doesn't boot up
the system software on the internal hardrive. Is this a SCSI id
problem or a conflict between my new Cheetah and old Jackhammer?
HELP!!!

Thanks guys,

Cal Conkey

Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>