Hi Greg,

As far as I am aware, there are a couple of different ways to achieve what you are asking and the one for you may depend on how brave you are feeling this morning:

a) One solution I have seen involves using the terminal and a Hex-editor to modify the localized.rsrc file in the Finder.app. See the following link: <http://www.macosxhints.com/ article.php?story=20020304093903824&query=finder+key+shortcut>

b) If you are proficient with Interface Builder (free with Developer Tools) you can look into modifying the mainmenu.nib for the Finder. I forget exactly where this .nib is located in the system directory, but I'm sure a google search will help you track it down.

NB. IF YOU INTEND PURSUING EITHER OF THESE OPTIONS ALWAYS REMEMBER TO WORK ON A BACKUP COPY OF THE SYSTEM FILE IN QUESTION.

c) Perhaps the most user friendly option is to take a look for shareware/freeware apps at versiontracker like Keyboard Maestro, which amongst other things allow you to assign or reassign various functions to keyboard shortcuts at both a global and individual application (in your case Finder) level.

HTH,
Matt.