The non-profit radio station where I work (LiquidFM) uses a PC to run the station automatically when there is no DJ in the studio.

However all the audio production / preparation is done on a G4 (OS X) before the data is transferred over.

Licensed audio in MP3, AIFF and WAV formats are extracted / edited / labeled / cataloged before going in the database.

Personally I find iTunes a little cumbersome to use - perhaps not as "clean" as I would like. I thought SoundJam was better! I'm not a stranger to bells & whistles as most of our production work / editing is done under ProTools.

Can anyone *personally* recommend another tool?

Requirements : easy MP3 ID tag viewing / management, CDDB / freedb lookup, easy extraction to MP3 or optional conversion, batch renaming based on ID tags, record to MP3 on the fly useful.

I used MP3 Rage a while back and seemed to like that.

Cheers, Antony.

= = =
= Antony N. Lord = http://antonylord.com =
= [EMAIL PROTECTED] = Perth, Western Australia =
= = =