On Thursday, June 05, 2003, at 00:49AM, Chris Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
>I do remember Jpegview, a top program but I think the screen effects in
>OSX are great. Im hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to use
>this system to make my own screen saver with my own pics then have the
>screen effects play it? I see that there is a folder with desktop
>pictures as well as one with 'name.slidesaver'! Can I make a slidesaver?
>
>kind regards
>
>chris

If you put whatever pictures you need to make a screensaver in your Pictures
folder, you can select the Pictures Folder option in the Screen Effects system
preference. This little tid bit from Versiontracker:

"best part is, all you need to do to make a screen saver in 10.1 or later is
put a bunch of pictures in a directory and add ".slideSaver" to the directory
name!"

Just whack the folder in ~/Library/Screen Savers (~ is your Home folder), and
then go into System Prefs --> Screen Effects. You should see you pictures
hiding in there!

Have a look at this app:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16130>

Alternatively, a combination of iPhoto2 and a .mac account will create a
screensaver (that is also available to others).

Seeya

Rod!