Bill

Sounds very much like a problem I had with an earlier version of MS
Word. It turned out after investigation that it was a security
problem in the earlier versions of Word but was fixed in versions
after Word 98.

Has the file some how gone through a Word 98 or earlier program? If
so go and have a look at the following web page which explains it
all.
<http://www.macintouch.com/o98security.html>

Dave Watkins