Here I have two queries, any advice would be appreciated.

I have an Apple 17-inch Studio Display CRT with my G3 using OS X
10.26 Going back to the computer after leaving it running but idle
for a few hours. The screen was black and the power button light
flashes contentiously from green to red. Did the usual things like
restart and check all the connections but still no picture and the
power button light continues to flash. Is this the the mark of a
dead monitor?

As I also have a 17-inch ADI monitor I connected this to the
machine and all is working alright as far as the picture on the
screen. As the resolution of 640 X 480 automatically came in to use
I decided to change it with everything being far too big for me to
view. I went to the Display preferences to change the resolution
but found the only one available is 640 x 480. I have used this
same monitor on this machine previously using OS 9 and I had no
problems changing the resolution. Can anybody give me some advice
if I can change the resolution using the ADI monitor and OS X?

Thanks
Dave Watkins