Hi Angus,

On 27/7/03 10:19 PM, "Angus Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Would I be correct in assuming that iDVD was included as part of 10.2?

No. It was included in iLife, or part of the Install CDs/DVDs for your
machine.

> Or was it added in one of my upgrades to 10.2.6?
>
> I seem to remember that I did have iDVD and that I have deleted it at some
> stage (in my ignorance) since my laptop does not have a DVD burner - not
> realising that iDVD offered other services as well.

If you do not have a superdrive, it will not work, even if it was installed
on your machine. It looks to see if you have a superdrive before it will
start.

> However, I now desire to extract some clips from a DVD that I am playing so
> that I can use them on my website - it is all legal :-), and I suspect that
> I can do this with iDVD.

No, iDVD is creation software, rather than pulling clips from DVDs already
created. If you are looking at saving clips from legal DVDs, then maybe you
can hook up your DVD player to a DV camera that has analogue playthrough, or
an analogue to DV converter box. Then you can capture the clips via iMovie.

I'm sure there is software on the net that can extract footage from DVDs,
but due to their dubious nature I can't tell you what they are :-)

Seeya

Rod!