On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 16:25, Rosemary Horton wrote:
> I'm having troubles using ftp to upload my files to websites. I thought
> it was just Dreamweaver, but I downloaded Fetch (BTW did you know that
> is free if you're a student or teacher?) and the same thing happens.
>
> I put or synchronize/mirror files, some upload fine, for others the
> date/time changes and the files are stripped (0kb) When you try to
> synchronize again , message says already synchronized. What's worse,
> files that have not changed are made to go to 0kb too!
>
> The Fetch troubleshooting site says Norton Personal Security might
> cause problems and to move it from the Startup folder. I did that...
> still no go. Do I need to delete it?

Two things to try:
* Try using passive mode ftp
* Try using ftp over http, called hftp

There are other things, but the problem you've stumbled on is not a
simple one to solve.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus C1 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..