You are correct w/respect to fileid.dat etc - however you need them on the mac side. However, deleting them will just mean they get replaced next time you put them in your mac.

they don't affect how the disks work in PCs.

Dave

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 07:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:49:21 +0800
From: Lloyd White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Floppies plus more

Hi folks,

Is there an issue with OSX and floppies? I used to be able to use floppies with my iMac through my SuperDisk. But since changing to OSX most floppies will not mount or a message comes up saying the floppy contains nothing that
the system can recognise.

The same floppies work well on my old PowerBook using OS 8.6

Do I need to initialise even new floppies?

ANOTHER THING
When these floppies do open they contain three files, FILEID.DAT,
FINDER.DAT and RESOURCE.FRK

Are these normally hidden and if so how can I either hide them or get rid of them. I want them to open on other people's PCs and am using PC formatted
disks.

Lloyd