At 6:57 PM 11/9/03, Matthew Healey wrote:
After much pain and anguish, I have found a router that supports Telstra's Heartbeat authentication. This means that you can get rid of that nasty Launch!/Heartbeat software and use a hardware router, that supports connections sharing. It also includes a 4-port ethernet switch. The router is a well known brand, but requires a custom firmware to support Telstra.

They are $200 each.

If you want one, let me know as Daniel Kerr and I will be putting in a bulk order and configuring them for Telstra.

Cable Users Rejoice!

- Matt

There are several routers which support the heartbeat........refer<http://whirlpool.net.au/faq-mac.cfm#2.2.3.1>.

I have used Netgear for a number of years and am currently using FR114P which I purchased from <http://www.ozcableguy.com/>. Configuring the routers is easy provided that you ensure the latest firmware (obtainable from the particular manufacturers site) is installed.

Bob