I disagree, I have a mouse with 2 scroll wheels and 5 buttons, I have the
mouse set up for the Electronics CAD package I use :
Scroll wheel 1 = up / down
Scroll wheel 2 = left right
Button 1          = select
Button 2     = mouse menu (context sensitive menu)
Button 3     = place wire
Button 4     = page up (zoom out)
Button 5     = page down (zoom in)

It allows me extra speed on designs.