Hah! Found it!

Thanks to all who replied about this. It turns out that the Info Drawer was too wide to fit entirely on my screen, and consequently the colour popup menu was being pushed out into Monitor Limbo Land and hidden from sight. I finally found it by clicking on a Calendar (NOT an appointment) and moving the whole iCal window around with the Info drawer open.

Hopefully in v1.5.2, Apple might consider putting the colour popup-menu in a more logical place - such in the drawer contents section, instead of the extreme right hand side of the Title area, and even better, giving us an option to change the Calendar colour in the appointment info itself, a more obvious place IMHO.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer