I have recently discovered that a friend using a PC is also experiencing this same problem. This person also knows of someone else experiencing the same problem using a PC. So far I have not been able to figure out a way of dealing with this problem

Ruben A. Franke

I have recently been experiencing what I thought to be freezes. However I noticed that programs continued to function normally and discovered that unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in fixes the problem. This fix only works temporarily and the problem occurs again after some time.
Problem occurs in various programs and in Finder.
I recently went through disc first aid and repaired permissions although I'm not too sure if this is relevant.

Running 10.2.8 on G4-400

Thanks
Ruben A. Franke