On 24/11/2003, at 11:19 AM, Douglas Sheerer wrote:

I'm using Virtual PC 6 under OSX 10.2.8. I have two drives configured:

Drive C: (with Windows 98 SE installed - total Size 520 mb))
Drive D: (with various software installed - Total size 5 gb)

I have run out of space on Drive C: as I originally naively configured it to just 520 mb in size.

Can I install Windows 98 SE on Drive D: and then convert that drive to Drive C: ? And if so do I do it from the booted Windows environment or can I do it externally ? I could then dispense with the old virtual Drive C: and have as much extra space as I need.

Advice much appreciated. (I know that drives can be configured to expand but I understand this is only possible up to the original size limit fixed on installation) I don't want to have to re-install everything if possible.

Why not just create a new VP6 configuration, using a fresh disk image as Drive C: ? You can re-assign your Dirve D: to this configuration and delete the old C: Image once everything is working.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer