I have purchased and successfully burnt many disc with 95% success rate that were in the $1.30 to $1.60 range. I did buy a bunch of $1.00 disks that were faulty and had a 75% success rate but the dealer reimbursed me for those that failed to burn. She was aware that they were a bad batch. At these prices I feel that DVD-R is better for backing up than DVD-RW.

Eugene