From: Keith Palmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 December 2003 12:07 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: mail and password

As far as I know this is a Telstra Bigpond issue.  There was a utility
fix for this eons ago but the later releases of Mail were supposed to
have addressed this problem.

However, it seems to have resurfaced and is so annoying I've diverted
my Telstra mail to our zytech mailserver so Mail doesn't check the
Bigpond server at all (which I know won't solve your problem).

Anyone else?

On 10/12/2003, at 12:01 PM, Malcolm J McCallum wrote:

> I remember someone else getting a similar problem to me on the list
> but I cannot find it :-(
>
> I keep getting the message :-
>
> "Enter Password for Account
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The POP server "pop-server.bigpond net .au rejected the password for
> user "mmccall2"
>
> Please re enter your password or cancel"
>
> Like a good boy I do it but 5 secs later it does it again-- and
> again---and again.   The password is correct ,and my mail keeps coming
> through.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Mac OS X .3.1 Ibook 500
>
> Mac   The other one!

Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
Phone: 08 9791 5556  Fax: 08 9791 5900
the online data storage & technology store -
http://www.zytech.com.au/