Your powerbook, phone, ipod etc should all be autoswitching though so you can use them overseas (just check it says "110-240V" on the adapter somewhere)

Re: Powerbook voltage switching: I assume you mean that the power adaptor that comes with your powerbook is auto switching between 110volts and 240 volts. I which case, yes it does so if for example you are going to the US all you need is one of those adaptors so you can physically plug it into the wall socket.

Dave

On 19/12/2003, at 5:05 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:37:27 +0800
Subject: Power adaptor for Powerbook
From: Brett Carboni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Looking for a multi voltage power adaptor to power my Powerbook and other
misc things like phone charger.

Have tried Dick Smith & Altronics to no avail.

Anyone know a good reasonable place to buy such things?

Also, is the Powerbook voltage switching like other Macs so that I only need
a different plug on the end?

T.I.A.

Brett Carboni
Tsunami

Microsoft Windows™ - When do you want to crash today?