Toast 6 Should do the trick.
<http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/features.jhtml>

Well worth the price of the software as it does soo much more than just burn discs. Take a look.

Dave

On 20/12/2003, at 5:05 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:26:54 +0800
Subject: MPeg-2 encoding on the Mac
From: Paul Mulroney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everyone,

I've created a movie on my mac using iMovie 3, and now I'd like to
create a SVCD (since I don't own a dvd burner, and CD's are cheap and
SVCD's play on a lot of dvd players anyway).

To create SVCD's you need to have a mpeg-2 encoded file.   I found a
solution called TMPEG ENC, but it only runs on a PC. iMovie 3 will
export AVI, Quicktime Movie, mpeg-4, and DV stream (amongst others),
but not mpeg-2.  So, at the moment I have to export the DV stream to
the PC, then use the TMPEG ENC to convert to mpeg-2, and then use Nero
to create the SVCD.

I saw on the Apple site that you can buy a mpeg-2 player license for
quicktime, but it doesn't say that if you buy this and/or upgrade to
quicktime pro that you can encode mpeg-2.

Is there a way to create SVCD's on a Mac, without having to use the
dark side?  I heard that Toast will create the SVCD layout, but there
must be a Mac solution to do mpeg-2 encoding.

All help greatly appreciated,
Paul.
--
Paul W. Mulroney

"Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat." -Socrates