> Sounds like the problem with you powerBook, and the batteries is
> actually a problem with the connection on the logic board where the
> charger plugs in.  If that little port is broken the computer will
> still function but won't charge. that would also make you PRAM setting
> not hold.  because that batteries aren't getting charges.

Could someone loan me a prismo/lombard G3 powerbook battery? just as a quick
test to see if my powerbook is shagged or the battery and PRAM are just
flaked ? I'd love to find out before I send the unit in for what will most
likely be an expensive repair. Really need to decide if I want to spend
money upgrading and fixing this unit, or buying a new one.

Oh and if anyone has a cdrom or dvdrom I can borrow at the same time, that'd
be excellent!

Thanks, James