Sick of the slow startup time after updating to 10.3.2?

A workaround has been posted on MacFixit (see below). The full explanation is
at http://www.macfixit.com/index.php?date=2003-12-29.

I tried it last night on my G3 14 inch iBook 700MHz and it works after the
second restart as claimed. The usual warnings and disclaimers apply when
tinkering with the system like this.

<Start Quote>

'Steve Minnick has posted a fix apparently endorsed by Apple's support
department to the Apple Discussions arena that is working to resolve slow
startup issues under Mac OS X 10.3.2 for a number of users.

The fix is fairly straightforward. Simply enter the Terminal and execute:

sudo ln -s
/System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext/Contents/Resources/BootCacheControl
/usr/sbin

...and then restart twice.

The official Apple solution uses copy instead of a link:

sudo cp -p
/System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext/Contents/Resources/BootCacheControl
/usr/sbin ...'

<End Quote>

R.K.