You can see this stuff, I think, on About This Mac (under Apple menu) > More
Info > Logs > System Logs

R.K.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Devenish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 9 January 2004 1:21 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: grey screen kernel panic

Although I can't speak from experience, Mac OS X 'kernel panics' should
leave debugging information on your computer (unlike OS 9). That
information can assist an expert in tracking down the source of a crash.
The information can be submitted to Apple, too. In particular, the file
/Library/Logs/panic.log may contain information such as the technical
cause of the crash, the state of the processor, and the location of the
programme being executed. It is also possible that errors with RAM (if
not too severe) may cause UNIX operating systems to emit warnings in
other log files -- so Mac OS X might do this, too. Therefore, it might
not always be necessary to depend on blind guesswork.

<SNIP>