Alternatively you could get a line out cable and attach your Mac to an amplifier/stereo near by and use the speakers off of them. I have this kind of set up. Absolutely awsome for my 8 gigs of music that I am almost constantly listening to. It's generally better than computer speakers and cheaper too although there are some pretty good computer speakers around.

Ruben A. Franke

I've recently discovered iTunes and right now I'm listening to a radio
described by Apple as "Drink or Die - Barstool Blues"

My computer is a G3 PowerBook 400 (Firewire), 640 meg ram, OS 102.3. The sound from the internal speakers isn't too bad, but are external speakers available? Both the USB ports are in use. Would I need to buy a USB hub?

Thanks,

Michael Hawkins.