On 13/01/2004, at 5:48 PM, Paul Weaver wrote:

Is there some simple cheap utility to enable quick and easy changing of file names on icons of pics downloaded from der camera, rather than laboriously clicking the icons one one by one and typing in descriptive names? Using
Sys 9 (at last).

Cheers Paul.

File Buddy is one utility which springs to mind as having a batch file-renaming feature. The catch is, of course, that with any batch-renaming activity all you are doing is replacing one sequential coding system with another. If you want each filename to be uniquely descriptive then you're back to renaming each file individually.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer