Thanks Rob, I will book mark the two sites and read when I have some
time :o)

I do not profess to be knowledgeable on OsX but believed a lot of the
technical hype I read :o(

Will be interesting when I get my hands on a legal copy to see the
differences :o)

Regards,

Kat.

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/osx/

It's not a "head to head" but goes into much detail about what's under
the
hood. One of my friends who is a Debian nut is quite disparaging of the
way
that Apple have changed a lot of the conventions normally found in
"nixes"
as to him it seems unnecessary and it makes it harder to troubleshoot
and
configure than it need be for someone who knows a Unix system.

There is also quite a detailed look at it here:

http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/003/panther/macosx-10.3-1.html

Cheers
Rob

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---