On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 21:58 +0800, Lloyd White wrote:
> Does anyone know of an application that will keep track of my monthly
> downloads? I am using OSX Panther and Ethernet

As this will depend on how your provider counts traffic, knowing which
provider you're with could be useful.

While you might be able to find an app that monitors local traffic, it's
not guaranteed to reflect your real traffic. It may not count packets
blocked by your firewall - but your ISP will. It will not realise that
traffic to "free sites" shouldn't count toward your DL allowance. Other
issues exist.

Of course, if all you want to do is monitor your raw I/O rates and
amounts, then I expect there must be something out there. If you want
ISP-related download stats, it'll depend on the ISP.

Craig Ringer