Did you update the Firmware on your iMac before installing OS X?

I was under the impression the machine [not my machine] had at one stage contained an X install before being taken back to 9.

So in all honesty there is a possibility that the firmware WAS "out of date" if X hadn't been there before.

Then again - 10.2 worked fine for the good part of a day before going belly up...

Is there uber-technical solution for redoing the firmware externally if this is the problem?

Cheers, Antony.

=   Antony N. Lord           =     http://antonylord.com         =
=   [EMAIL PROTECTED]       =     Perth, Western Australia      =