On 06/02/2004, at 1:19 PM, Bob Jackson wrote:

At 11:26 AM 6/2/04, Matthew Healey  eloquently proclaimed...........

On 06/02/2004, at 10:49 AM, Bob Jackson wrote:

Generally, the WAMUG list is not a good place to get advice about Bigpond ADSL or cable because not many members are on Bigpond broadband.

That statement on it's own should throw up a big red flag!

- Matt

It is also a reflection that not many members -
*can afford broadband
*live in locations where cable is available
*have current experience of Bigpond ADSL and are referring to its previous bad history (which was then justified).

Currently I put Bigpond internet services in the same basket as windoze:
If you own it you'll probably have to fix it.
If you can fix it you'll have REGULAR income, good for me bad for you.

Paul