I had loads of problems with my imac monitor - to resolve it I updated
firmware to 4.1.9 and it worked fine. Download it from

Then if you still have a problem you could upgrade to Mac OS 10.3 - I have
350mhz imac with 512mb ram and it works fine, BUT make sure you upgrade
firmware first.

Good Luck
Andy