On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 09:02, James Devenish wrote:
> wonder if Craig's problem computer would shut down if the user logged
> out and logged back in, or if a different user was logged in.

Nope; both have been tried. I'll try running that fix permissions
program today (is this a standard mac diagnostic tool, like Disk First
Aid was on OS7/8/9? It seems insane having a program to "fix" system
permissions - though I guess if it just goes through and checks that
they match those in the package database it'd be OK)

Craig Ringer