I am having similar problems, but not just limited to one machine.

I have DiskWarrior 3.0 on CD, and it will not boot either computer.

I have:
eMac 700MHz G4, 384MB, OSX 10.3.2 (pre August 2003)
ibook G4, 12in, 384MB. OSX 10.3.2 (post August 2003)

I have looked at the Alsoft Website <www.alsoft.com>, and according to the
text I need to order the "Updated CD" for the iBook, and "download 3.0.1
update" for the eMac.

Only problem is that the "download 3.0.1 update" requires that you can boot
your machine from the DW 3.0 CD, which I can't!

The 3.0.1 update asks you to insert your existing CD and then burns a new updated CD (you of course need a CD burner and a blank CD to do this. Also, the DiskWarrior update program needs to be able to read your CD properly (mine wouldn't))). You don't need to boot with the DiskWarrior CD during this process. This update *may* fix the problem for the eMac but it won't fix it for the iBook, which would require the updated CD from Alsoft.

Yes, it's a pain to have to update the CD on a regular basis, but for most people it's only when they buy a new machine, and DiskWarrior is well worth it.

Thanks,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer        Chronopolis Quiz Day