>> You can find hundreds of emulators you can run on the mac from amigas to zx
>> spectrums. Although getting the game roms is another thing.
>>

> in the words of the Bard:
>
> "There's the rub"
>
> I wish I could resurect my old 7300 hard disk that had hundreds of
> ROMS on it ..<sigh> free Galarga and Missile Command games.... what a
> teenage dream (belatedly) come real finding "Mac MAME" was.

I too derived much joy from playing space invaders for free + galaxian and
all those others I spent all my pocket money on. I have 176 ROMS archived
including the ones of which you write plus all the space invaders ones and
practically everything that ever came out in an arcade console. I don't
really know what the legal scenario is with distribution of these but I'm
happy to make them available on a CD. Perhaps they could go on the WAMUG CD
or is this too illegal? Happy to give you a copy privately otherwise.
Rob