I hope someone can help - I've just moved to Perth from the UK - I have a
12' powerbook which is running fine, but when I plugged in my blue slot
colours on the screen were all skewy (greens in the corners, pinks, etc). I
had a look at the apple website and it said that imac crt displays were
configued to the particular hemisphere they were produced and sold - hence
the magnetic fields in the southern hemisphere are completely different to
the northern. LCD displays are not affected.

My question is - is there anyway round this - I will try updating to mac os
10.3.2 tonight - (the firmware is already 4.1.9)  - I have tried deguassing
(the imac does it on startup automatically) - is there a manual way to
deguass it? Will it get better?

Also the clock keeps reseting to January 1970 - that's not the pram battery
is it? - I thought it was a problem with Mac os 10?

Cheers
Andy