Hi All,

On Saturday, March 6, 2004, at 05:05  AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:
Is it possible to share a non Postscript USB printer over a local
ethernet  network with a router?  Currently attached to a G4 running
10.3.2 networked with a G3 on 9.1.  At the moment the best I can do is
just transfer the files then print - it would be nice to print direct.
Severin Crisp

We had a similar setup: Brother HL1240 (A USB printer), shared over a network of Mac OSX 10.2 machines. Just need to turn on printer sharing in the Sharing panel in the system preferences of the Mac where the printer is connected. 10.3 might be different.

Note that you cannot share the printer with Classic apps. This was a problem for us because we had a stack of Mac OS9 apps at that point. We ended up buying a networked printer instead.

hth,
Paul.
--
Paul W. Mulroney Logical Developments
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         86 Coolgardie Street