On 21 Mar 2004, at 6:13 PM, Callum Prior wrote:

So far I've done the following:
Run Disk Utility
Run Diskwarrior
Run Yasu
Run Memtest 2.95

If Disk Utility and Diskwarrior gave no errors then there is no problem with the hard disk. However, there may be a problem with the two processors. The memory test means multiplication, division and mathematical OR failed twice and mathematical AND failed the first time. The program must have put some data into memory and tested for how consistent and correctly the processor, RAM, (maybe) the cache and some other chips worked.

This means there may be a problem with the two processors working together. I think I heard of one occurrence of this before, where someone said they had a 'dual processor G4, now single processor :('. I'm afraid I don't know too much about how this can happen, but I recognised the assembly commands in the test.

Regards,

Chris Taylor