Hi Reuben,

On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 05:05  AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

Could someone please tell me how I can use the terminal for ftp
uploading to a server for a web page?  I don't really have a great deal
of money to throw around at shareware products here and there and it's
difficult to find a reliable freeware ftp client.
For what I want to do it would work well and I'm sure it would be very
reliable.

I use RBrowser, which seems to work reliably for me.

If you want to use the terminal, type "ftp <sitename>", and you'll be prompted for username and password. You'll need to use commands like "cd" to change directories, "binary" to switch to binary transfer mode, "get" to download files and "put" to upload files.

RBrowser is a Mac app, makes it much much easier.

Regards,
Paul.
--
Paul W. Mulroney Logical Developments
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         86 Coolgardie Street