Thanks everyone :--) It was COMMAND + and = that I had forgotten.
Mac
PS panther BTW
On 09/04/2004, at 12:17, James Devenish wrote:

Hi,

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:04:49PM +0800, Malcolm J McCallum wrote:
I have forgotten the key strokes to enlarge text on the screen, it's
the 'old timers disease'!, can someone enlighten me please.

I can think of at least three different things you might be trying to
do:

1/ Increase the size of text in your word processor so that it prints
   out bigger,
2/ Increase the magnification in your word processor so that it displays
   bigger on screen but prints out the same as before,
3/ Magnify the size of every programme on your whole screen.

For the first one, it will depend on your word processor. In Microsoft
Word, I think it's COMMAND+] to increase the size (you will need to
select any existing text first, in order for it to increase).

For the last one, it depends on whether you are running OS X or not. If
you are running OS 8 or 9, you should perhaps look at the 'Easy Access'
control panel. Perhaps there is help for Easy Access that tells you
about keystrokes? If you are using Mac OS X, go into 'System
Preferences' and have a play around with 'Universal Access'.
There is also a "Keyboards Shortcuts" list under 'Keyboard & Mouse'.