In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:52:51AM +0800, Callum Prior wrote:
> After selecting it and clicking start a "Web Sharing starting up"
> message appears, Personal Web Sharing greys out, and nothing happens.
> Anyone have any ideas?

Although I've never used X's personal web sharing, I would hasten to
guess that the details of the failure will be recorded in a "log file".
As per usual, you may prefer to get a nerd to interpret your log files
for you. To have a look at this yourself, fire up the 'Console'
application (in the 'Utilities' folder within the 'Applications' folder)
and scrounge around in some of the log files listed there. It will help
if you have 'freshly' failed to start web sharing, as this makes it easy
to find recent messages at the end of the log files. I suppose you might
have tried this already.

With regards to your unexpected quitting, what became of those memtest
results? Have you pursued any avenues to do with replacing RAM or
operating it as a uniprocessor system? I don't know what type of RAM
your machine has, but if it's error-correcting then I would hope that
there'd also be traces of failure in your kernel's logs. Also, have you
tried simply creating a 'new user' and logging in as that new user? That
would basically give you 'fresh' preferences, permissions, startup
items, etc.