This isn't really relevant but I read something interesting about swapfiles I wanted to establish. Apparently creating a separate partition for swapfiles can greatly increase performance on OS X. I'm not sure if this is true or not....
Anyone want to input?
Ruben A. Franke

Virtual memory seems to generate a series of swapfiles in var/vm which are never released except with a reboot. They are in succession 32MB, 64MB......1GB etc with my disk space correspondingly dwindling. They belong to the system and are padlocked. How do I find the culprit and is there a fix? I suspect PhotoshopCS or Painter8 or > both.
 G4/400 with OSX 10.3.3
Severin Crisp

                   Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                    Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                            email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                          & http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp