Sorry, this was meant to go to the list, can the administrator please
fix the return address...

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 18:33, gary dorn wrote:
> I am looking for an app that can take hand drawn sketches, typically
> scanned in @ 1:100 or 1:200 scale, that I do of building and
> landscape designs.
>
> BOA -research has suggested that I look at  Adobe Streamline, which
> can evidently turn  drawings into vector line,
> possibly perfect for scanning handsketchs and converting into a a
> format that my CAD apps ( BOA and domus.cad) can make us of.
>
> quote from Adobe
> "Maximum control for converting images to line art
> Faster than a tracing hand, able to leap from raster to line art in a
> single bound, Adobe® Streamline 4.0 software instantly converts
> scanned black-and-white or color raster images into editable Adobe
> PostScript® line art. Just scan any sketch, and Streamline will
> automatically create a file that you can drag and drop into Adobe
> Illustrator® to complete your desig"
>
> Has anyone on the list had an experience in using this app, does it
> do what it says it can and has it been useful.

It is likely that you can trial this software, either on your own
machine or on the machine of the person you purchase the software from.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S38°01'05" - E145°25'10" (Upper Beaconsfield, VIC)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..