G'day listers,

Does anyone have any experience sending bulk email (to recipients who have all opted in!) from mail-hub.bigpond.net.au, the outgoing mail server for bigpond cable?

I have had the following problems (using Filemaker Pro 6.0, Mail 1.3.7 and OSX 10.3.3):

1. They limit you to 100 recipients at a time

2. If your 100 recipients includes an invalid bigpond address, they reject all 100 and you have to get rid of the offending recipient(s). I suppose this makes sense - forcing senders to clean up their list - although one does hope that the problems are real invalid addresses and not some further problem with the bigpond email system itself.

3. If your 100 recipients includes a bigpond recipient who is temporarily over quota, they also seem to reject the whole 100. This makes it a real nuisance - you have to exclude the offender temporarily and keep the address for next time. An awful lot of fiddling for what is supposed to be an automated process.

Does anyone have a better idea? - one solution that does work fine is to go back to my highway1 dialup.

Thanks in advance.

Dudley Gager