On 05/05/2004, at 12:27 PM, Brett Carboni wrote:

Somebody was recently asking about laser printers. Viking
<http://www.vikingop.com.au/> is currently selling the Brother HL
1430 laser printer for $299. I have one of these printers and can
recommend them.

In the Harris Technology catalogue there is a Samsung ML-1710 for $289. The reviews look good, but does anyone have experience with one? Concerned about
the graphics produced with 8Mb ram and the reviews don't give enough
details. Then again, it's for my Mom :-)

Also the drivers are (apparently) up to date with 10.3 which seems amazing
nowadays.

Brett Carboni
Tsunami

This machine works well. It's great with MacOS 9, and works well with MacOS X as soon as you realise that you should set it to print at 300 rather than 600 dpi. At 600 dpi it's too slow for rational use, but at 300 dpi it lives up to its promise of around 14 ppm.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913