 From:  Rob Phillips
 Sent:  Thursday, 6 May 2004 4:29 PM
 To:    Oldham, Toby
 Subject:       RE: Win2K needs visible file extensions

        I was thinking there must be Applescripts, but I'm not sure where to
 start
        looking. :}

        T.

 Applications:AppleScript:Example Scripts:Finder Scripts: Add to File
 Names.scpt
 Add Prefix-Suffix to File Names

 This script is designed to add a prefix or suffix to files in the front
 window of the desktop.
 If no folder windows are open, the script will effect items on the
 desktop.

 At 4:21 PM +0800 6/5/04, Oldham, Toby wrote:

         > If a file has a .extension it displays the file correctly, but
 the
        > freaking
        > > thing then has the gall to _hide_ the file extension on the
 windows box.
        > > Talk about two faced.

 Sure, you need to change the names of the files first, but once onto
 Wintel, you can choose whether to see them or not.

 Rob
 --
 Dr Rob Phillips, Senior Lecturer,    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--