Press Release
Source: Apple Computer, Inc.

Mac OS X Update Addresses Security Concern
Friday May 21, 6:23 pm ET

CUPERTINO, Calif., May 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AppleĀ® today posted a Mac OSĀ® X update to address a theoretical vulnerability in the Help Viewer application that could have been exposed when browsing the web. The update is available automatically to all users through Apple's free Software Update service or by going to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ .

"Apple takes security very seriously and works quickly to address potential threats as we learn of them-in this case, before there was any actual risk to our customers," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "While no operating system can be completely immune from all security issues, Mac OS X's UNIX-based architecture has so far turned out to be much better than most."

To maintain maximum system security and stability Apple always advises that all Mac OS X users keep their system current by installing this and all Mac OS X software updates.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.

NOTE: Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac and Mac OS are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Source: Apple Computer, Inc.
---
Richard Kay
Fremantle