Dear WAMUG,

Can anyone help me out with a good link or reference?

I have an OS 9 based LAN (because the software I need to run is still Classic). I am thinking of buying a scientific device which is based around a WinDoze computer running WinXP. It has USB and Ethernet connections and can export its printout to an Excel spreadsheet. The manual also describes logging in using a LAN intranet TCP/IP method, ie with a browser, but I can’t get it to work. I have no experience with TCP/IP in a LAN under 9. Is it possible to share files and log into an XP computer on the same ethernet LAN? What do I have to do to the g3 Macs on the network to enable it? Or do I have to run a computer under Panther, and my app under Classic, to get the networking going?

Thanks for any advice,

David de la Hunty.