Help required.

I have just upgraded an iMac on our home network to 10.3.4 and the loginwindow process seems to be broken.

When my son logged out things went a bit wrong and on the next restart the computer boots all the way to the screen with "starting loginwindow, where upon it cycles endlessly through a blue screen with the windmill, a brief cursor then the windmill again.

I can see the computer on the network at this stage.

I am presuming the plist file for loginwindow is badly brocken. Can someone advise me how to connect remotely, ie ssh or telnet, and if possible remove the offending file?

Please reply directly to me as I am on list digest mode and wont receive any response until tomorrow morning (Sun) and would like to fix it today if possible.

thanks

robin